In contrast to my beautiful daugther, who has had a manically busy week, I've had a quiet one. I had monday as a day off, tuesday/wednesday was in Coventry on a course, thursday a day at home writing an essay. So I haven't been in the office at all - my out of office and voicemail said you probably aren't going to get me.............. I have checked my emails and there's a stack of work sitting there - but it'll wait :) Its been nice, a less busy week, although not quite a holiday. I've written loads of my essay, which is due in at the end of the month, I can send in another draft just to check, so feeling ok about it. Its for a Post Graduate Certificate in Leadership, and linked to the course I was on this week, there's a second essay I need to work on as soon as I get this one, but I'm on a role so that's ok. This gives me 1/3rd of a masters! The course has been good, spread over a year, but I'm rubbish at distance learning :( I've been in a small group of really diverse people and we've all got on really well - the only problem is boy do they love to drink. Now I know I like a few glasses of wine but on tuesday half of the group had had about 3 predinner drinks, then we had 8 bottles of wine on the table (for 9 of us) and I believe they hit the bar later. I bailed about 930 - they work us hard on these courses - but I also felt I was starting to adapt my behaviour to fit in, and I didn't want to go there - so I left - they were fine about it, they are a nice bunch :)
Tonight we have two of our best friends coming round for a takeaway, wine and a movie - much more my line of fun - am I getting old? Maybe but I'm happy with who I am.
Not to forget its Easter - today is Good Friday - the day when we remember the excruciating, shameful, scary death Jesus chose to go through for me, and you, thank you doesn't seem to be enough does it?
Kal x
2 comments:
Isn't it weird that the whole 'fitting into a circle of friends by drinking' thing happens no matter what age you are?
love you mum xxx
Good luck on your essays :)
I hate it that sometimes I/anyone feels the need to have to drink just to still be part of your group of friends and get to spend time with them...
Post a Comment