Saturday, 13 March 2010

Women's Day 2010

Every year my Church runs a Women's Day. They have other events too, which are equally good, but I love the Women's Days - there is something special about coming together as sisters in Christ...........

Today was special, good teaching, amazing worship, good friends. But obviously the best bit was that God showed up :D Now I believe that not only is God everywhere, but that if you make an appointment with Him (commit to spend some time with Him) he always honours this and meets with you. I take this from Genesis where, even after Adam and Eve had disobeyed Him, He still turned up for what is described as their evening walk (I don't think it matters whether you believe Genesis is literal or not the message is the same) so regardless of whether or not I deserve it - God meets with me - which is AWESOME.

Today I felt bathed in His love, and warmth. There were several pictures of the different types of living water that God offers us, one was of a garden sprinkler, with children having fun playing in the water. That was me today, having fun spending time with my Lord.

There was another example of a river with a strong current and it being time to jump in, go with the flow, of a new direction. I'm not sure if this was for me, but I began to get excited that it may be time for something new..........

As I said I spent the day with some of my best friends, we shared some very precious things, things I will hold with great care in my heart and in my prayers. There were some special girlfriends that weren't there though, for a variety of reasons, and to them, if they are reading - you were on my mind and heart, and in my prayers.

And thanks to the men who let us be there xxx

1 comment:

Hannah said...

sounds brilliant! I'm happy for you :)


I miss you, and can't wait to see you again :D xxxx