Friday, 14 January 2011

A curious thing...

So I am poised, almost there now, just monday and half of tuesday to work and i am DONE!!!!!

And so very ready - everything so well sorted, files cleared or culled. delegated or dumped, that I'm twiddling my thumbs somewhat :)

And a strange thing is happening - lots and lots of people are telling me how special I am, what an impact I have had on them, how I have influenced the way the services have developed, and other stuff that I wont go into.

Which I am very touched by, and slightly emotional over, but also struck by the fact that we never tell each other this stuff on ordinary days. There have been so many times when I felt battered and bruised and blamed and useless, when I could have done with some of these words. Or were they there and I couldn't hear them? Either way I am going to remember to tell people what a good job they are doing, regularly, not just when I say goodbye.

Oh and in this brief pause of the work countdown we get to celebrate Paul being 50 - which I'm pleased to say he is at last ready for!!

No comments: