Sunday, 7 August 2011

New Wine 2011

We've just returned from another amazing week at New Wine. 12000 people gathering on an agricultural showground turned camp site/Christian conference. An opportunity to come together with people from my church, with Christians from around the Central South Wast Region, a chance to spend time with God, further away from the distractions of every day life.
 
I love New Wine.
 
Put aside the noise, and the queues for the showers, the variable quality of the loos (including more queues) and the lack of sleep (caravan helped but the site is only quietish between midnight and 6).
 
Focus on time with God, time to praise Him through sung worship, prayer and silence. Time to learn more about Him, through good quality bible teaching. Time to be encouraged ( He really does love me just as I am, and is pleased with me, His beloved daughter), time to be challenged (about creating balance between solitude, community and mission, about being true to the person He wants me to be, about working in a job that leaves me vulnerable to attack so I need His protection daily, and so much more).
 
Time to give to my relationship with Him. And time for friendships, old and new, to talk, to be honest, to say sorry, to recommit to Him, and to my community.
 
I have been blessed, and I have been used - spiritually and practically - more blessings.
 
I'm not naive - I will fail to follow through on much of this - but I am renewed, and energised, and have new insights and knowledge.
 
So as I plow through the washing, and as we unpack and sort and put away, I will give thanks to my Lord, the God of the Universe.

No comments: