Friday, 10 February 2012

Studying...

I do enjoy studying when it is relevant to what I do, something that enhances my every day work. At the moment I'm working on a portfolio of evidence for my non medical prescribing qualification. I've found this course one of the hardest, most intense, time consuming and best I've done. I have learnt and am learning loads that is relevant to my every day practice. It will directly benefit my patients.
But.....
I'm fed up of all my days off being taken up with writing reflective essays, researching, referencing and on and on. I am spending 4-6 hours every day off (so fri/sat/sun) and some evenings - that's about 18 hours a week, on top of a full time job :S
And there are less than 4 weeks to the hand in date, so 3 weeks to produce stuff, as I need to print, collate and bind said portfolio ready to hand in.
I'm very much looking forward to finishing, and having time for other things. Although I am sneaking in the odd bit of baking, and the odd trip to Portsmouth.
And of course, knowing me, I'll take a brief pause and then move on to the next course, Sheer madness!

No comments: