I'm not sure I can do justice to the amazing day that was PJ and Hannah's wedding. But I'm going to try....
We've been waiting for this day for a long time, its 19 months since PJ proposed, 7 years they've been together, this last year of real planning, in bursts around Hannah's placements and assignments. A long, 12 hour, day on Friday setting up, and finally the day arrived.
Dry, a little cooler than we might have chosen, but not the rainy day that had been forecast. A nice relaxing build up.....not!
Hair and makeup, a few last minute bits at church all seemed easy to fit in but suddenly we were all getting ready in a rush, then at church waiting for Hannah (the last minute panic of a vital piece of ribbon in the wrong place, a mere 7 miles away!)
And then the most beautiful, God centred wedding I have been to (so far). Every element was so personal to them, reflected who they are, as individuals, as a couple, their love for each other, and their love for our Heavenly Father. Watching them exchange vows, amazing worship, a great speech by Ron, the best exit ever.
And then the best party.
Sarah has described the fantastic creation of this day http://space-kitten.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/it-takes-church.html, and the huge list of people who made it happen. And the best bit? Whilst being overwhelmed by the love we were shown yesterday, I am not surprised - this is, as Sarah says, what true church is.
And now my baby boy is married. To the most amazing girl I am proud to call daughter (in-law if you want to nit pick), and I am proud, and excited for them, and exhausted and still remembering the moments that made it one of the best days ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment