Godzone is the kid's church at the Church I attend. I was part of the team that caught God's vision for the children of our church, and 12 years ago saw the beginning of this amazing work. Sarah was 13, one of the original teenage helpers, PJ, one of the first ever Red group. Paul and I joined 'just' to do puppets. I have loved being part of a ministry that has sown seeds in hundreds of children's lives. I have been privileged to see how many of those seeds have grown into an amazing faith in many young people's lives. Equally many more are there for God to work on in due time.
Today was my last ever Godzone. It was time. Time for new things, for Godzone and for me. But I am a little bit sad. There's a song we have loved singing that has a line that says 'every where I look I see your face' and every time we sing it I have heard God saying 'look, look at their faces, see me in them', and I have, I've seen a glimpse of my Lord in the faces of the Children - is there any greater treasure?
So tonight I will allow me to be a bit sad, but also be grateful, and hopeful for things to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment