Thursday, 11 September 2008

Dilemma

Ok, so I've muttered about work a few times - here is the explanation with an unexpected twist!
Now I love my job. Up until now I have been based in a lovely office with a truly great team. I get to work with families, I get to make the system work for them. I have influence, authority and a budget! But......changes are a foot - I am to be moved from said lovely office and fab team, my 'wings are to be clipped' all for to enable greater things which noone has explained. I have spent ages and ages reflecting on all this, well once I got over the emotional bit about being moved from my mates, and I decided not to follow my first instinct to run away (aka find a new job) but to challenge my boss about the reasons behind all this (in a cool calm constructive manner - pray for me this bit happens on monday) and to wait and see if it happened.
So on tuesday a job description is emailed to me (as part of an email group) head of care development at Children's Hospice UK. Huge pay rise (1/3rd more!!) home base, office in Bristol (?once a week 10am start is ok) travel round the hospices in the UK inspiring leading improving care, campaigning for improving palliative care for kids. Now a lot of this I like, a lot. The travelling sounds serious though. And leaving the NHS.........
So I'm praying - I've got until 26th to decide. I've rung and had the informal chat, which went very well - they sounded very keen! But I'm really not sure if I want to travel so much - why did this have to appear right now?
All thoughts and prayers gratefully received.

PS Sarah's post describes the dry BBQ beautifully so I decided I wouldn't duplicate!

2 comments:

Angie said...

go for the job - its got your name written all over it. You will be fab @it

Sarah :) said...

write a new blog :p
i've just posted 4 new ones!