Friday, 7 November 2008

insomnia :(

Which is why I'm blogging at 2.35am! I've had a really long couple of days, travelled down to Exeter etc, came home, shattered, went to bed, dozed a bit, Paul came to bed, started snoring and here I am :(
Exeter was the last of the Department of Health days I had to do - I've been working for the last 2 years and a bit on a piece of work with them (slight understatement there - this has been a huge project that I've invested enormously in), and we finally got it to the stage where we could go out to National Consultation, hence I've been travelling round the country doing events. They have been some of the most challenging events I have done - 60-100 people, usually all senior, picking apart the work the team has done, 3 hours of thinking on your feet, fielding questions, attempting to turn around their sceptisism into constructive feedback. We've had varied success, and time will tell, its not about overwhelmingly persuading them that we've got it right - rather that we want them to tell us how we can improve it. Anyway today, after some very lively debate, one person said, this is complex, which is why we are all here, but thank you for all the hard work you have done to get it here, and they all clapped! A nice way to end :)
On which note I think I might have another go at sleeping..........

No comments: