Saturday, 10 October 2009

My job

I have my appraisal on monday and as I prepare for it, and now I've been back 5 weeks or so, I'm contemplating what bits I like, those I don't, what I'm good at, and what I'm not!
I like working with children, families, and colleagues, coming up with solutions that make life easier for the families. Sometimes its big things, sometimes small. I'm good at this, working with people, listening, understanding, supporting, challenging. I have the authority that money brings to make some changes.
I don't like conflict, politics, arguing about what's right based on what can be afforded. I don't like jobsworth people.
I'm not good at conflict, or detail
Not sure how I convert this to an appraisal!
I am using much better strategies to manage the stuff I don't like - I have a habit of carrying things that I cannot solve, but I'm getting better.
I'm about to trial working 4 long days and having a day off to see if it works
My ideal job would have all the family contact, and authority but not the conflict or politics - not sure that's possible!
What I do know is that God has a plan :D

On a very different note - Hannah is about to go away to Delhi- she and Pj need so many prayers for these coming days, weeks and months................

Kal

No comments: