Sunday, 21 February 2010

My God is an Awesome God

Why would I spend my weekend with between 19 and 64 children, on my feet for 10 straight hours, 3 puppet sketches, lots of cooking, even more washing up? Because I got to see the God of the Universe at work in the lives of these kids.

In particular was an amazing session where we 'taught' them about prophesy. You see I believe that God talks to us, we just have to listen, and that sometimes He tells us things that He want us to pass onto others for their encouragement, comfort, or to strengthen the church. Which = prophesy. And each and everyone of the 19 kids we did this with (and the 10ish teenagers, and 3 adults) heard God speak to them, and 'risked' sharing it with each, and God blessed them, and us, because of this.

And my aching bones, my knackeredness, my dry dry hands, matter nothing, cos I saw God at work :D

(Poor Sarah was poorly sick big time but was still amazing throughout)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

PJ told me all about this. Sounds amazing!

It's really encouaging to hear what happened, especially as I'm kinda strugglign with the whole am I hearing God/is it just me making it up/why aren't I getting anything kinda thing....

Missing you lots!! xxxxxx