Thursday, 2 June 2011

Phew!

The last 10 days have been the most intense I've had to experience for a long time. If you've read my previous post you'll know one of  the reasons, I was glad that I could be there for his parents, although when they asked me to give the tribute I nearly crumpled completely. Because I also had a huge exam on tuesday and I could not see how I could manage to do both. Which was the point......

So I said yes, and spent time talking to his parents, and lots of their friends. And I revised and practised and then revised and practised some more. The bank holiday weekend disappeared in a blur.

On sunday, at church in the evening I had time to cry a little for this young man, and time to lean on God, and hear him whisper that the point was that not only could I not do these two things in my own strength I wasn't meant to - I could only do them in His strength.

And on tuesday I spent 2 hours being observed and questioned on my assessment skills, and early on wednesday I discovered I'd passed.

A few hours later I attended his funeral and did my bit and his parents were happy with what I did - I think I did him justice.

And now I'm really relieved and I have a lovely weekend to relax and sunbathe. But I am aware that for his parents this is just the beginning....

 

No comments: