I've discovered that it's very easy to get out of the habit of blogging, and as the gap grows it's almost harder to work out at what point you restart....
Life has been ticking along, I passed my prescribing module, not as well as I'd hoped (I'd put so much work in I'd hoped for a decent academic mark, but a pass is a pass). Work is good, although as I start the last 6 months of my two year contract, I'm very aware that time is passing fast, and I'm trying hard to rely on God's plan, whatever that is.... New Wine is a week away, then a holiday with Paul. I have all my kids home for the summer which is sooo lovely.
But the big news in our family is PJ's news, which he's blogged about here http://pjbrombley.blogspot.co.uk/, as has Paul, http://spikesalterego.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/road-to-maturity.html and it prompted me to add my thoughts....
The world puts huge expectations on us all, and its hard to defy convention and follow God's call on your life. This can be in big or small things. Sarah showed us this one, when she chose to come home from Halls. We also learnt that people judge, and sometimes they are the people you would hope would know you, and your children better. So as PJ and Paul have said, when PJ first talked about leaving his degree, I was thrown. I was concerned that he was choosing the easier option (soon allayed after his talk with his Southampton vicar, and his huge efforts towards his exams). I was also worried about how people would judge him. My son is an awesome man of God, and his chosen path is all about being true to the call on his life. Mama tiger emerging???!!!
But I am very grateful that God intervened and His peace is overwhelming. I learnt last time that true friends honour our choices. They do hold us to account, but to God's standards, not the world's. One of the verses a friend gave me was Proverbs 16: 9 We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps. And I am completely happy with PJ's plans, I know that the Lord is determining PJ's steps. And the people that matter are supporting us all, and share our excitement for this next phase of PJ's life.
And I would always chose that my children (however old they are) seek first the Lord. When Sarah was 16 she had a relatively short time when she doubted Christianity, where she had lots of questions, and backed away from God, and Church. I tried to reassure myself that it was ok, and caught myself saying, its not as though she has a life threatening illness - but you see she did. I believe that only Jesus can save us, and give us life eternal, and if you don't believe in Him, then you do indeed have a life threatening disease - the bible calls it sin, and only through Jesus can sin be dealt with, and can we be reconciled with God.
So would I chose for one of my children to be conforming with the world, or following God's call on their life? No contest. And I am proud of them all, and love them for who they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment