Sunday, 16 December 2012

For James...

Apparently I don't blog often enough! Whilst I acknowledge this is true, and I'm going to have a go at being better, one of the things that often hinders me is that much of what is going on in my life is work, and its hard to know if and how to talk about it whilst maintaining confidentiality. But I do have other things in my life....
 
One of these is studying, which is possibly a cheat, as its all work related at the moment. But I've just finished one assignment, which drove me mad and then got me hooked! Which is quite a good thing as it was the research module ahead of my masters dissertation, which I have now officially begun. And I'm raring to go. I'm also aware this probably won't last. But I discovered that I quite like research. I've always liked writing essays, to me it feels like a jigsaw without a full picture, that has a frustrating bit where you really think it can't fit together, and then suddenly it does, and makes quite a nice picture. Research is even more so, you start with an idea, and start hunting to find out what the picture will look like, will it end up anything like your original idea. Which I enjoy (and most of my friends will think is mad!)
 
What else? Well Paul's mammoth travel/work away stint is over for now. The beginning was ok, I was studying, and I quite enjoy my own company, but as time dragged on (this was a 9 week period) I got totally fed up, tired and stressed. And now we're attempting to adjust, which will happen (I will get used to sleeping next to a snorer again), and having someone to share all the jobs with, and even better having someone to share the highs and lows of my day with is good. And Sarah will appreciate not having me taking out my stress in either tears or tantrums!
 
And its nearly Christmas, Hannah comes home today, carol services this evening, I finish work on Thursday, PJ comes home. And then we get to enjoy some time together, and we get to celebrate :)
 

No comments: