Sunday, 5 October 2008

What a difference a week makes :)

I hadn't been expecting to be at this point yet.......
So we began the week with Sarah spending sunday night at Halls, she didn't panic but she didn't like it, and she saw one of her flat mates for about 10 minutes.
And we were back to the regular what does she do that is right? Stay or come home?
I was fed up with the emotional rollercoaster but knew that wasn't a reason to rush the decision. Sarah felt that the flat offered her nothing. Paul felt that he had failed her as a parent if she wasn't ready to do this, and if we tried to make her do some more nights maybe it would help for next year?
Sarah is aware that sharing a house next year will be a challenge if she does it from home.
So we carried on waiting and praying.
The only sense I had was trying to apply the ideas we share with the kids of knowing whether something is from God or not - does it agree or contradict the bible (this one didn't help me) is it selfish (possibly) is it good? Now the one thought I had was would God be asking Sarah to stay in an environment that made her feel awful and which could tempt her into a lifestyle that isn't Godly. Sarah at one point let slip that her flatmates begin drinking at teatime ahead of going out clubbing each night.
Anyway as you can see I wasn't much further forward, and anyway this was Sarah and God's decision, not ours.
And Paul comes home from work, he'd spent the day fasting and during his quiet time at lunch, had clearly heard God say 'its time to bring Sarah home'.
So Sarah has moved home, and I am so grateful that the decision was made by the right person, and heard by the person who had most reservations about it.
For anyone still anxious (and don't be -this is God's plan) Sarah is totally committed to her course, to CU (she is going away with them next weekend), to church in Oxford, to staying over with friends in Oxford etc etc
And I am very grateful to God, that He is Sarah's infallible, all knowing parent,
:)

1 comment:

Sarah :) said...

:) my earthly parents are pretty good too.