I cant believe how fast time is going at the moment! Sarah has had her last lecture, handed in 2 of her assignments, is well on track with the last 2. Pj has less than 2 weeks left of school............
Paul and I have managed to do most of the shopping and we got over to see his parents. They were looking quite good really - better than I had feared (I aught to know the imagination is always worse than the reality). His mum is incredibly weak, but was quite alert. His dad isn't in too much pain, we had a really good chat, he knows exactly what is going to happen and he is 'not despondent' as '85 is a good age'. We also managed to talk about how the end could be, as in where (home) and supported by the family + Macmillan Nurses. All in all I felt better for the visit and so did Paul.
I think the challenge of the next few weeks is to manage the busyness whilst remembering what we are really preparing for - a celebration of the coming of our Lord Jesus - man and child.
No comments:
Post a Comment