So obviously I'm writing this sunday evening before I go back to work tomorrow morning. I'm not looking forward to it - I have a list of things to do (all those things that I gaily put on the 'these can wait until after the holidays' side rather than 'must do before I go') and of course the dreaded office move is supposedly scheduled for this month. I am trying to be positive, I've wasted enough energy over this when nothing I say will stop it but fundamentally I do not want to go, I do not want my role to change, the most valuable bit for me is the patient/family contact - being clinical, and I think that this move will take me further from that bit. Now its actually, truly, positive to have found this out this way rather than being tempted into a pure management role and then finding out. My plan is to sit the move out, be very flexible about how I work, hold onto the fact that it may not be as bad as it feels, and pray for an alternative job! There is a whisper of a job that could be the answer - I chose to trust that God IS in control of this and has a master plan!
Someone asked me before Christmas what the high and low points of 2008 were for me. I fudged the answer with him, but I've been thinking it over!
The work thing is a low, as is Paul's M&D being so ill and the constant uncertainty. Sarah having such a horrible time in halls, PJ's brief but scary illness, Sarah's blood test stuff.............
But the highs - Sarah loving her course - being a round peg in a round hole, making fab friends, God clearly telling us to bring her home, New Wine in the rain, PJ being an awesome young man, Hannah, good friends, and my gorgeous husband who I get to share all of this with.
Its a useful exercise - its reminded me that in the good and the bad God was with us, holding us up, sending us support through friends, words etc, leading us.
I think this year will be hard - its is very very likely we will lose Paul's M&D, but I know my Papa will be with me.
So I suppose I can cope with work tomorrow - how can I do more than just cope - can I reflect His glory? Be His presence? I can try.
Love and prayers x
No comments:
Post a Comment