monday to wednesday was a beautiful. amazing oasis of time and space, away from every day life, worries about Paul's parents and work stuff
I (along with Val and Diana) went to the New Wine Children's Leaders Conference. I was a bit dithery about going, could I afford to have time off work, could I cope with being away from home right now and so on...................
Well Paul's mum is on hospital, so safe and being looked after, which meant Paul's dad had space to rest a bit, as did Val, Paul's sister (not Val, great friend who was away with me)
Sarah's results were amazing so that was good
So off we went!
I knew the speakers were the Children's Workers from bethel , Bill Johnson's church. I was actually a bit wary of this, I've heard a lot about Bill Johnson (Pastor Bill as I soon became used to hearing) and have heard him speak once, but still a little wary. I feel a real confusion/tension when it comes to pray for healing. I believe God heals - He is all powerful - but I work with so many people who are not healed, and, I'm slightly ashamed to say, because I haven't been healed, or seen a healing whilst I've been praying, I struggle a bit.
So in 3 days I was taught how to teach children to pray for the sick, cast out demons, cleanse the leapers, raise the dead, prophesy and worship. Just like that. Of course in the process I was taught, and inspired. The ladies teaching were truly amazing. Partly because they were real. At the end of the session on healing Deborah, the person speaking, asked us to pray for her best friend who was in surgery at that time, having a double mastectomy, for breast cancer. She was in tears, because, although she believes God heals, she was scared for her friend.
Deborah is awe inspiring, she has an amazing gift of prophesy, I want to see the world through God's eyes, as she does. I mean it I really really want this, and I am earnestly seeking it.
All of the teaching and ministry was great, Val and I are praying about how and when we teach the sunday school. We decided we might just do prayer for healing and chicken out of raising the dead at the moment - not sure the church is ready for that - but God is in control
So yah - awesome amazing blessings :)
No comments:
Post a Comment