You'll be pleased to know I have much better perspective on my bad day at work. The stuff will be investigated but I did everything I knew to do and I think it was other systems that failed, not mine. One of things that helped this is the blog of the mum of a patient of mine, she is amazing, and listening to her cope with her days makes me realise my work issues are nothing.
Paul's mum had another fall, and a TIA, Paul's dad is sleeping more and more, we're on an inexorable decline, we just don't know the timescales, and that makes sustaining energy hard, really hard. It gives me a whole knew understanding and appreciation of what my patients and their families go through - do you get used to this if you do it for years?
But its friday, a chance, hopefully to catch our breath a bit (alongside all the laundry and other stuff)
No comments:
Post a Comment