Wednesday, 2 December 2009

How did it get to be December?

I'm not ready yet - for December let alone Christmas! Actually I'm chilled about Christmas at the moment, I've started shopping, in fact am reasonably well organised, and as I refuse to start shopping too early I'm quite happy about where I am. Its December I'm not ready for, in fact I think we should be in early November - did I miss a whole month? Its just that all of a sudden its time for the busyness of Carol services and Christingles and when to put the decorations up and and and...................

But Christmas is fine :)

In other news I love working 4 days, even if they are long ones. I think its probably what is keeping me sane at the moment - I now have 3 very very complex cases, and 3 more that are just very complex, all vying for my time. And I cant fix any of the the very verys, which frustrates me, as I feel that I am letting the families down, but I am only human, and am doing my job to the best of my ability, and I trust God with all the rest. If you read my blog regularly you'll know that for me to be in this place is a huge thing. I do have to remind myself that this doesn't mean I'm doing any less for anyone, or that I care any less, rather that I'm just not putting the expectation on myself that its my job to fix it all - I'm letting God be God.
Mind you if He has a master plan that includes a different job I'd love Him to let me know :)

PJ now has a job pool life guarding one evening a week, he's had a mad phase of induction but it should settle down now. He also has 3 uni offers already, including his first choice, so is very happy.

Sarah is full of a cold but managing to keep going, oh and most importantly managed to stay a night in Oxford!!!!!!!!

Paul and I had a nice couple of days, shopping and time together, spent lots of money but hey!

That's all for now

Kal

No comments: