Friday, 20 November 2009

:(

I need to blog about a work situation which means this is probably not going to make much sense as I need to avoid saying anything that identifies the situation.

A family I work with asked me to attend a meeting with them today. As you know I don't work fridays anymore, but I went to this meeting, and although it took over 3 hours of my day (there and back) I'm glad I went. They are facing the saddest situation ever, after an awful set of circumstances. I didn't do anything today except be there, but I hope that helped. I have some of the things they said, and some pictures from it all stuck in my head at the moment (hence why I'm blogging - I need to let them go). My heart is heavy for them, I'm sad and I'm shattered, but I'll be ok, I'm not sure they will be.............

But in His amazing way, on my way out, just as I was beginning to let myself think and absorb all that had happened, I looked up and saw the chaplain, a lovely man, who I've worked with in the past, and who now goes to our church. he said hello, and I said, do you have a moment? God knew, before I did, that I needed a little bit of space before driving home, to process some of the stuff, to cry a little...........

And now I've had a takeaway and am about to open some wine, whilst praying for this family, knowing that only God can hold them safe. Pray with me?

Kal

No comments: