Friday, 10 December 2010

Slow, slow, quick quick slow

How can time pass slowly and quickly at the same time?

How can it be 2 weeks to Christmas, a week until PJ and Hannah come home, their first semester over, a week until Sarah's penultimate term is over? And yet....... I still have over 5 weeks of my notice to work.

Work is odd, maintaining things, holding things together, preparing for my departure, or at least trying, seeing my colleagues mixture of delight for me, excitement of my new job (for me and them) and despair that I am going. I don't think that's too strong a word - I think there is a real sense of them not knowing quite how things will work without me doing this job. Now I do know it'll be ok, different, and maybe eventually, better, but I also know that at this particular time, for a combination of reasons, its going to be very difficult.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas, not least because I have 11 days off work, but because I get to send lots of time with my family, all my family, and my friends, and time to worship my King, and remember the time that He began the plan to rescue me.

No comments: