Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Enforced rest!

I have tonsillitis for the second time in about a month, although the GP thinks it's probably the same bug that I didn't get rid of the first time. Either way I am taking some time off sick this time - I didn't the first time, I slowed down but didn't stop, and I'm sure it didn't help. But I'm feeling guilty about being off work! Crazy I know, they'll have to cope without me soon, but I caught myself feeling bad about being off!!! Work has been very very manic, and I've been stressing about holding things together with one colleague on mat leave, another off sick for a few weeks, and slow plans for covering when I'm gone.

I remain on count down (less than 8 weeks now, with 11 days off between Christmas and New Year = 26 days to work!) and I am still longing to be done and moved on to new things. I've done a bit of planning with my new boss (boy its a big job!!) and applied for the course I need.

Normal everyday things continue, that broken window is being fixed today (along with a few other repairs that needed doing) the spare room is painted but needs the new carpet down and then furniture putting in. Sarah is waiting for her new placement, almost certainly wont start until Jan, but there's a hope of a good team. Friends/family finally get to move on friday after long waits - am very excited for them both.

And winter has arrived - is it really only just over 4 weeks to Christmas?

No comments: