Its interesting, settling back into normal, everyday life..........for a start I'm not sure if such a thing exists but...........the huge spector of Paul's dad's death is gone, his mum is being well looked after and her health, whilst deteriorating in some aspects, is fairly stable. Our anniversary is over, our holiday is over, the wedding is over. I was worried that we'd/I'd hit a down phase. But its ok.
Work is ok, I'm being much more careful about what I say yes to, and as a result saying no to stuff. I'm not beating myself up for not getting stuff done. I think I'm managing to do most things ok, and there's some stuff on the horizon that excites me.
Paul has been tired and stressed this week - I hope its because today and tomorrow the family are clearing the house - but we've been talking and praying about it and he's aware of what's going on.
Sarah has been frantically busy with freshers week, is exhausted but has had a great time, and the course restarts next week - she's good :)
PJ has settled back into school, is enjoying being a prefect, seems to be working hard, is loving the independence of driving, and is counting down to seeing Hannah (7 days). I'm impressed by how he's handled it so far - he has missed her like mad, and he's been sad, and quiet, but he's motivated, and committed to supporting her, and getting on with everyday life. Obviously the next bit - Delhi - will be harder - but they'll be ok.
And I feel calmer, much more peaceful, I'm managing to stay focused on God, and looking to Him for my direction, and wisdom, and balance, rather than following my own instincts and rushing in all over the place.
So normal, ordinary, everyday life is good - thank you Lord :D
Kal
No comments:
Post a Comment