Wednesday, 2 September 2009

A place so special its hard to describe

We spent today on a catamaran trip - it was truly amazing, and on the way back I was thinking what I could blog about and, although I am obviously managing to a certain extent, its hard to put it into words...............

Warmth , and sunshine, that reaches your spirit..............it doesn't even get cold at night, down to about 20 degrees! (which is ok cos we have air con in our room) but also means that in the evenings, which start early cos the sun sets at 6.30 (its winter..........) you barely need a cardigan

Peace and quiet and relaxation - I think I've said that initially it was hard to unwind, that we couldn't remember the last time we had stopped, well I'm now completely relaxed, and resting.
The beauty of this place is awesome, and reminds me to thank my heavenly father for everything

The people are amazing, gracious, generous and ultra polite. Initially the butler bit felt awkward, I'm not used to being waited on (you may be surprised to hear!!!) but whilst I'm not taking it for granted, I am feeling cherished.

I am of course missing the kids, and I know that Sarah is struggling a bit, but I'm impressed with how she is coping, and grateful to all my friends who are there for her. I know that PJ and Hannah are also having a different week, as its their last week together for a while. I also know there's stuff with my dad. But I know that God is holding it all, and has given us this time of refreshment, so I'll make the most of it and will be back to reality all too soon :D

Kal x

1 comment:

Sarah :) said...

I am struggling but I'm managing to cope so you keep enjoying your holiday :) I'm glad you're getting a chance to relax!